[plug] So what are the alternatives apart from Netscape.

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Wed Aug 11 15:00:53 WST 1999

I liked the KDE browser to but fell into a similar trap where KDE (and to
some extent the browser to) did not support all that I wanted (No proxies
can be set-up in the KDE browser which I think is a big bummer as the
network only allows http request through the proxy).

It does seem that Microsoft dominance in the market has caused a stifling of
innovation rather than promoting it. I know as someone who does ISP tech
support that it is almost natural to say to someone who is having problem
"go into IE". 99% of the time they are running IE and you sort of get a rude
shock that they might be running Netscape.