[plug] New Kernel compile options

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Sat Aug 14 23:43:07 WST 1999

Subba Rao wrote:
> I have compiled the kernel 2.2.10 but some of the following options are greyed out.
> In 2.2.6, I had these kernel I had to the choice to enable them.

> The modules are
>         IP_MASQUERADING SPECIAL MODULE SUPPORT
>         IPV6 PROTOCOL (EXPERIMENTAL)

They're still there in 2.2.9; if you updated your kernel sources with
patches, I guess one of the patches was missing or damaged - but this is
only as guess.

Your second problem might be related. If you didn't already, try
unpacking a fresh copy of the 2.2.10 kernel sources (grabbing a fresh
complete copy if needed). That shouldn't take long if you're a part of
IBM. (-:

I understand that 2.2.11 is out anyway (don't blink...)