[plug] Load-limiting ?

cthart at gbs.com.au cthart at gbs.com.au
Mon Aug 16 11:55:17 WST 1999

Trevor & Garth,

I thought this was available in the 2.0 series already
-- look for "traffic shaper".

Cheers,

Colin

Trevor Phillips <phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au> on 16/08/99 11:28:28

Please respond to plug at linux.org.au

 To:      plug at linux.org.au

 cc:      (bcc: Colin 't Hart/PER/BIG/AU)

 Subject: Re: [plug] Load-limiting ?

Garth Atkinson wrote:

> Hi Trevor
>
> I saw a press release about two months ago discussing this and how to
> set it up on a linux platform. It was all very new (beta) and a bit
> broken from memory. Apparently it is quite hard (technically) to get
> working on a 2.2 kernel (due to kernel design and lack of hooks), but
> this will change with version 2.4 I think. Try freshmeat for starters.
> I'm pretty sure the software was GPL.

Hmmm. I couldn't find anything. Can you remember what category it was, or a
name?

Maybe I'll just wait for 2.4.... ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
Colin 't Hart         email: cthart at gbs.com.au
Systems Analyst
Geographic Business Systems Pty Ltd
The Garden Office Park
345 Harborne St            phone: 08 9443 8822
Herdsman WA 6017           fax:   08 9242 4412