Debian Problems (was Re: [plug] ComputerBank...

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Thu Aug 19 16:20:11 WST 1999

Trevor mentioned the setting / resetting of IP address following an
install session. Does "ifconfig" fill the bill?  I know that's in Debian,
not sure about any others.

For the neophyte (me), I found the Debian install using diskettes quite
okay and the subsequent config of packages with dpkg via nfs also okay in
the hamm days.  Did an upgrade to slink a few days ago after a major
slash-and-burn (read "more sensible partitioning") and used apt-get as the
frontend for config'ing.  The only thing on my "wish list" would be some
indication of how much space is required for installing package YY both
temporary and final sizes.

HTH,
Denis