[plug] Difficulty installing Debian ... or not

Bradley Browne Brad.Browne at serco-ap.com.au
Fri Aug 20 18:17:17 WST 1999

> > I am doing this from floppies and it installed the base system without
> > trouble.
>
> This bit is best done with decent quality floppies, I've found :).

I bought some new ones for installing Slackware on a spare work machine.

> > I configured my network in installation and ...
> > Now I am ftp'ing the rest of a server_std profile from a server
> > I chose that because it is the smallest profile with all the network
> > stuff.
> > I have not done this before (ftp install) so I am interested to see how
> > it goes.
>
> So how did it go?

I have fully downloaded the profile and it went as smooth as silk.  Asked me some
questions, I knew some of the answers :-), and then dropped me back to a command
line.  Sweet.

> > When I install RedHat I install *everything* on the disc.
>
> Tsk tsk. Most of us prefer to fill up our disks with sensible stuff like
> porn and MP3s.... :)

I just bought another 8GB Hard drive 'cos my other one was full  ^-^ (is that how
it goes Trevor :-)

My overall impression is .... WOW.
I just wish I knew _something about apache and such so that I could answer the
questions it asks me intelligently.  Oh well, back to the bookshop for me :-P

Cheers,

Brad