[plug] Apache - how to make URLs case insensitive.

Kim Covil kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
Mon Aug 23 14:43:20 WST 1999

> Folks,
> I've installed some Windoze documentation on a Linux server, and some of
> the links have different case to the actual files.
>   How can I tell apache to try a case-insensitive match on URLs?
> I have read the config files and search the docs without success.
>
> cheers,
>
> Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
>                           --==--
> 	I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no
> 	feet, so I took his shoes.
> 	                -- Dave Barry

Hmm... there is a spelling module which lets apache search for other
possible files based on the number of incorrect characters in a bad
URL...

Are all the files in one case...? ie are they all lower-case in the
filesystem...? if so you could probably use some sort of url filter that
converts all upper-case to lower-case...

Kim

Kim Covil - Australian Geodynamics CRC   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            CSIRO Exploration & Mining   Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
            Western Australia  6009                            *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at it.net.au