[plug] mp3 power

McMeikan, Andrew andrew.mcmeikan at mitswa.com.au
Tue Aug 24 13:56:48 WST 1999

Hi All,
	Just an update for those building their own mp3 power supplies, my 5
volt supply is testing out OK at around 10 Amps but my test loads get too
hot, but it certainly soak tests at 6 Amps ok.  The circuit is the same as
whats on the front page of the LM2576 data sheet with the addition of a
2N5038 power trany (and a 1.5 ohm 5 watt resistor  base-emitter, collector
to ground, base to LM2576, emitter to coil/diode) for beefy switching.

  This means that you don't need to spend money on a $100 inverter!!!

As my 12v to 15v converter blew up, I'll advise on this later but it's the
same principle except stepping up to 15v then using a 7812 (TO-3 style 5Amp)
to regulate 12v.

  Has anyone seen some good MP3 software for a single line display?  Cajun
is going to support it but not yet, still wants a four line display :(

	cya,	Andrew...