[plug] re: email error

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Aug 25 11:24:59 WST 1999

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Jon L. Miller wrote:

> I'm getting a rejected e-mail error when I have a user try to send an
> e-mail through the Internet.  The message makes mention of Server
> Response 550; relay denied port 25 secure (ssl) no server 550, error
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would say this is the most important part of the message - this sort of
message is getting more and more common as people are installing
SPAM-filters, without giving much thought as to what domains to put in the
accept list.

Most likely the mail server your user is trying to send an email through
is not set up to allow the IP address he is posting from, to send
outgoing emails.

Alternatively, if you're only getting these errors with one address, the
mail server you are sending to is not set up to accept email for that
address.

Posting the entire rejection message (either to the list, or to me
privately) will help in narrowing down the problem.

 - Matt