[plug] Squid error 113 no route to host

Paul Baumgarten paul at kcc.wa.edu.au
Fri Aug 27 10:00:20 WST 1999

I am seeking enlightenment on the meaning, cause and resolution of squid
generated error 113 - No route to host.

Due to the fact that it mainly occurs during busy periods, such as if I have
a big download happening, I think it has something to do with squid coping
under load... maybe some sort of time out issue or some other such issue.

If anyone knows of the cause of this and how I can resolve it I would
appreciate hearing about it as the Squid FAQ doesn't mention a word about
it.

>ERROR
>The requested URL could not be retrieved
-----
>While trying to retrieve the URL: <someplace>
>The following error was encountered:
>Connection Failed
>The system returned: (113) No route to host
>This means that: The remote site or server may be busy or down.  Please try
again later.
>Generated by squid/1.1.22 at gw.kcc.wa.edu.au

Paul Baumgarten (email: paul at kcc.wa.edu.au)
Information Systems Manager