[plug] dual processors

Kim Covil kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
Fri Aug 27 11:33:43 WST 1999

> Kim Covil wrote:
>
> >From previous post "Hardeware & Vmware"
> >The machine I have just bought is a Dual Celeron 400 using A-bit's new
> >BP6 board which takes the Socket370 PPGA Celerons directly rather than
> >requiring an adaptor card... seems to be a nice board with two UDMA/66
> >IDE channels and 2 normal IDE channels for ~$300 inc tax... with the
> >Celerons at ~$140 each it seemed a good deal
>
> Have been looking around for prices on various configurations but cant
> get close to the
> above locally.  If you dont mind me asking where did you buy from.

Simline (http://www.simline.iinet.net.au/) have the motherboard for 310
inc... Austin Computers (http://www.austin-computers.com.au/) have it
for 299...

the chips I got from Austin... I think Simline has them for 160? Zeus
has the Celeron's for 124 ex - ~150 inc

The machine is up... running at 408Mhz... (I haven't played with the
overclocking much but the board has a Turbo mode which just runs at 2%
faster)... I am playing with a couple of kernel patches at the
moment to try and get the UDMA/66 channels running to full speed... and
learning how the bios orders all the different hard drive chains so I
can get lilo set up nicely...

Once I have all that running I will get down to some performance
checking... :)

Cheers

Kim

Kim Covil - Australian Geodynamics CRC   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            CSIRO Exploration & Mining   Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
            Western Australia  6009                            *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at it.net.au