[plug] Another squid issue

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Fri Aug 27 12:14:49 WST 1999

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Bret Busby wrote:

> Could someone please advise whether the inability to configure squid as
> requested, is an inability inherent in squid, or, whether it would be a system
> administrator's decision (or company policy, etc)?

It is possible to show local time by creating custom error messages, but
since the internet is a global network it makes the most sense
to show times in UTC so I never bothered to change it on my proxy servers.

> I am not sure, even, whether the poms are using daylight saving
> at present, and, thus, given the varying time differences, such error
> messages do not indicate when the error arose, in the time that is local

It makes no difference if the poms are in daylight savings or
not - UTC always stays the same, which is why it is so useful as a
reference for all other timezones.

Just add 8 hours to the UTC time and you will get Perth time.

 - Matt