[plug] INPUT chain

Subba Rao subb3 at ibm.net
Sun Aug 29 00:05:11 WST 1999

Thank you very much for your input. I will tweak my INPUT chain. again
tommorrow. I am finishing up reading the HOWTO. It is begining to make a
lot of sense. My teammates tried to do port scans and were not successful
in getting much useful information. They got some info from "Syn probes".
Now I guess they can do some form of denial of service attack on this system.
That is the goal for Monday.

My LAN can access the Web server via ethernet. Web server cannot be
accessed from the Internet via ppp0 interface, which is good.

Thanks again.

Subba Rao
subb3 at ibm.net
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.

http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/