[plug] LyX and BibTeX

Christian christian at global.net.au
Sun Aug 29 11:37:29 WST 1999

Hi all,

Has anyone ever gotten LyX and BibTeX working together?  I've made up a
test set of references (using the barracuda front-end tool - but I'm
roughly familiar with the format of the .bib file and the contents it
produces look fine) and I include the bib file into the LyX document (as
per the instructions in the LyX user's manual) but when I generate the
PS output the bibliography is not included and all of the citations just
don't work ([?]).

If anyone has any suggestions, tips or pointers to useful documentation
then I'd really appreciate it. (Is it just me or is BibTeX one of the
worst documented pieces of software ever?  Or have I just been very
unlucky when looking?  Everyone seems to gloss over it and tell you to
buy the book.)

Regards,

Christian.
--
Information, no matter how expensive to create, can be replicated and
shared at little or no cost.