[plug] Couple of strange ones..

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Mon Aug 30 12:31:43 WST 1999

Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Greg Mildenhall wrote:
>
> > Unless you have a dynamic IP, this is most certainly because it is trying
> > to connect to the IP address of the PPP interface, which of course does
> > not exist until you dial up.
>
> Samba may also be binding to that interface only.
> You can specify all your interfaces by editing /etc/smb.conf
> Add your interfaces to the interfaces= line, eg:
> interfaces = 192.168.1.1/24 10.10.10.10/16
>
>  - Matt

Done that anyway..
Nah, its trying to authenticate the client connecting using a dns lookup
before I installed bind, it just looked at the /etc/hosts file, saw the
name and ip of the incoming client and away it went.
After I installed bind, it only went looking on the 'net for the
validation

I'll try the hosts.conf file idea..
I have Debian 2.1 here and there's no manpage for it..

Let you know how I get on anyway..

Brad..