[plug] Slink Unstable vs Potato ...

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Tue Aug 31 18:17:22 WST 1999

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Christian wrote:
> Trevor Phillips wrote:
> > Does Potato have its own Stable and Unstable branches? Or is Slink
> > Unstable basically Potato?
> I'm not sure I'm a Debian guru (given some of the people on this list)
> but my understanding is that Slink (now Debian 2.1) is the "stable"
> distribution whereas potato is the current "unstable" distribution and
> will be given a version number (2.2 I expect) when released.

Yep. In fact, if you look on your favourite Debian mirror, you will see
that the files "stable" and "unstable" are actually links to "slink" and
"potato", and the links will be redirected when potato becomes stable.
Does anyone know what the next revision after potato will be? ISTR they
announced the name "potato" as they announced the freezing of slink.

-Greg Mildenhall