[plug] Printer problem

Peter Cooper hedrek at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:11:32 WST 1999

Some time ago I posted a question as to how to get Linux to recognize my
printer. Len Bird suggested I should be able to fix the problem through
Printtool, but so far I have been unsuccessful (thanks anyway, Len). I have
looked at my printcap file, it looks like:

lp:\

	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
	:mx#0:\
	:sh:\
	:lp=/dev/lpi:

As I am completely ignorant of unix, can someone tell me if there is
anything in this file I can add or delete to make Linux see my printer? I am
running RH 6.1

The printer is an Epsom 740. It works perfectly with Win98.

Regards
Peter

May the great god of Lotto smile kindly upon you.