[plug] m68k Linux

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Dec 2 17:06:03 WST 1999

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:

> Hello All,
>         I'm playing :) .... I  have a mac LC475 and I'm trying to put Linux on it
> :).  I've met with some success.  Ie I can sorta mak it work.
>
> The install I'm trying to do is debian 2.1 (slink ???)
> It (penguin booter) boots the kernel, loads the initrd and starts the install.
>
> I get:
> the colour/mono monitor selection
> initialize / activate swap space
> initialize / activate linux filesystem
> mount / filesystem
> Install OS and kernel drivers ... Here is just stops.  the machine is still
> running, I can switch virtual consoles BUT the install just sits there for
> a very long time.
>
> If I cheat and install the data from resc1440.bin and drv1440.bin manually
> (boot on ramdisk, mount HDD tftp the tgz files down and extract them)
> I can get to the installing the base OS (base2_1.tgz).  If I do this then
> I eventually get an oops :(
>
> So I tried extracting the base OS itself onto the HDD  this seemed to go okay
> BUT then I'm stuck at the configuring stage.  I can't use the installer
> anymore and I don't really know what to do next.
>
> So any Ideas on where to go from here ???

Which kernel are you using.. I have it on a Centris 650, and aside from
the fact
it's slow (16 bogomips), it runs well, and I can play xdigger under x
:p)
(No sound of course)
I also have the entire m68k slink archive on disk if you want it :p)

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would