[plug] Home pages for regular users

Subba Rao subb3 at ibm.net
Fri Dec 3 00:44:37 WST 1999

On  0, Mike Holland <myk at golden.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> On 2 Dec 1999 subb3 at ibm.net wrote:
>
> > How can this be achieved? Any pointers appreciated.
>
> Come on Subba, this is really getting a bit much. Apache comes
> with plenty of good docs, and if you really cant be bothered, you
> will probably find all you need just by reading the comments in
> httpd.conf.  Say it with me ... "RTFM".

Cute! This was a default installation and I have experimented only with putting
static docs in the htdocs directory. I needed to setup up for a local user in a hurry,
so he can put up his work on the Intranet.

I did setup the $HOME/public_html directory and he is a happy camper. Can't guess
what a user wants on the fly.

Well, next time, I will plan ahead and RTFM (Read The Fine Manual) ;-)

Subba Rao
subb3 at ibm.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/