[plug] Printer problem (still!)

Garth Atkinson garth at cclinic.com.au
Fri Dec 3 16:01:14 WST 1999

In your /etc/printcap file, the line
	:lp=:\
is invalid...

Also the line
	:If=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:
should have a lower case 'i', not 'I' (though this might be ok!)

Garth
ps - I suggst that you edit the /etc/printcap file using vi and then
restart lpd manually. Try and stay away from the GUI tools for now. Also
it would be good idea if you took the time to understand what the
various entries in the printcap file actually mean.