[plug] netscape working off line.

stephen. steve at newton.dialix.com.au
Fri Dec 3 19:38:09 WST 1999

Thank you for the replys- i knew it was someting like that - i just
could not seem to find
out where to change the setting -

who said GUI's are user friendly ?

That sounds like Netscape Messenger is trying to access a pop server.
Edit your preferences, mail server, edit the pop server and turn off
automatic checking. I also turn off "what's related" in
Navigator-->Smart Browing too. In my opinion it's a waster of time, but
some find it useful.

DAVID