[plug] telnet on Mandrake

Kenworthy Family billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 3 13:53:19 WST 1999

Hi all,
    I have just (well third time in three days) installed Mandrake 6.1
and have not killed it this time around.  I have a problem in not being
able to telnet into the box, either from another machine or using
localhost or the machine name to itself.  ftp works fine which
eliminates a lot of things - did it on each install, and last time tried
before I did anything else so looks like something set up in Mandrake.
Telnet connects then approx 10 seconds later disconnects - "remote host
closed connection" or similar.  Any ideas where to look as I cannot find
where such a restriction is set.

BillK