[plug] vmware on kde (was telnet on Mandrake)

Bill Kenworthy billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 6 22:25:52 WST 1999

Hi Michael,
    there is 192 meg main memory with 64 allocated within vware to win98 and
vmware itself using 96 meg.  Ran ok, if somewhat slower than my K6-1/200
windows machine when i was running redhat5.2 with windowmaker.  Now its
extreemly slow, as is anything running under kde.  Is it possible there is
something wrong with this setup?  Are there some simple benchmarks that can run
under, say console, in a terminal under kde and windowmaker in order to see
where the problem lies?  Also are you using kde or another window manager?

BillK