[plug] Linux on an IBM PS/2

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 7 12:07:31 WST 1999

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 03:38:25AM +0000, Garth Atkinson wrote:
> Hi Tamara
>
> Plip is very straight-forward to set up, and very good too (Just like
> PPP).
>
> I think MCA is not supported by Linux but I might be wrong on this one.
[...]

<grin>

http://www.dgmicro.com/mca/

...and /usr/src/linux/Documentation/mca.txt

A normal Debian install may work. The page has an email about how to
install using an old release (1.3).

The page's author maintains Slackware installation files and
instructions.

I'd probably bite the bullet and do a complete floppy-based install if I
was him, then bring PLIP up, then start looking at getting other things
off the CD or elsewhere.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal