[plug] Linux on an IBM PS/2

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Dec 9 09:45:26 WST 1999

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, John Summerfield wrote:

> I see two challenges with PLIP:
> 1	Setting it up for install

Where's the challenge there?

> 2	setting it up on Windows.

The PLIP mini-HOWTO talks about getting PLIP running under DOS, which
should be enough to read the CDROM

Alternatively, I once saw a windows 95 .inf file that claimed to set up
"Parallel port IP under W95" though I have never actually tried it.
No idea if it's compatible with the Linux PLIP, or if in fact it works at
all.
(The fact that I haven't heard mention of it since I found it on a
newsgroup back in '97 probably means it doesn't)

Anyway, if anybody wishes to have a play with it, I've stuck it on
http://live.networx.net.au/Win95PLIP.txt

The usual disclaimers apply - if it trashes your windows installation,
sets fire to your computer or kills your neighbour's dog, I am not
responsible.

 - Matt