[plug] Intel Nightshade motherboard (and Astor case)

Christian christian at global.net.au
Sun Dec 12 12:00:52 WST 1999

skribe wrote:

> At 03:34 12/12/99 +0000, Christian wrote:
>
> >I made it a custom 2.2.13 kernel hoping that maybe the problem had been
> >fixed already and tried to boot it, however, it fell into an endless
> >loop when initiating the SCSI controller.  A search of the web and
> >kernel archives yielded only one reference which suggested that this
> >problem was fixed in 2.2 kernels but, as I said, it seems to fail under
> >2.2.13.
>
> I just did a google search and found a patch for 2.2.11.
>
> http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9908.2/0005.html

Yeah, I already found that -- it was the one reference which I just
mentioned. :-)  If you read the follow ups to that post it suggests that
it was meant to be in 2.2 kernels, someone took it out of 2.2.11 and it
was put back in almost immediately in a pre-patch... therefore you'd
expect it to be current in 2.2.13.  If all else fails then I might look
at that patch and see how it might apply to 2.2.13 or even try patching
2.2.11 although neither of these seem like ideal solutions.

Regards,

Christian.

--
While most peoples' opinions change, the conviction of their
correctness never does.