[plug] new PLUG machine

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Dec 15 11:36:41 WST 1999

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Bret Busby wrote:

> Preferably not Fairy ?

And what have you against fairies? :)
I believe it was a fairy penguin that bit Linus and caused his penguinitis
in the first place (well linux.org.au says "pigmy penguin" but I think
that's just another name for a fairy penguin)

We could even use the official names
eg. "Eudyptula"

> How about Tux? Is usage of that name restricted? It shouldn't be - open source
> and that kind of thing.

I don't believe it to be restricted, but it's (in my opinion) boring
because there are a large number of linux systems out there called Tux.
That's why I thought the species names would be something original.
(I could be wrong)

 - Matt