[plug] states of NI and SI

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Wed Dec 15 14:54:21 WST 1999

Bret Busby wrote:
>> Have I missed something?  Since when has Perth been in New Zealand?

> wasn't that referendum we just had, the become a state of NZ?

Actually, both Aus and NZ have laws on the books declaring the North
Island and South Island to be states of Australia.

So the technically correct answer is "since about 20 years ago." (-:

---
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
If at first you don't succeed, try a shorter bungee. When in trouble,
when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout. The two great secrets
of success are: don't tell anyone everything that you know.