[plug] Networking Gear for Sale

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Thu Dec 16 09:22:40 WST 1999

These originally cost around $11 000.  We have one which saves us about $20
000 p.a. in calls to head office (plus we can call out into Perth environs
for a local call cost), more than pays for the 64 kbps link charge.
Anyone's problem in using this would be (1) you need the same sort of
machine at the other end, and (2) the phone line connections are "4 wire E +
M", which probably means a new card for your PABX.

The function of these machines is being taken over by PABX options or
bandwidth managers like Jtec boxes.

K.