[plug] Debian on P90

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Thu Dec 16 08:59:43 WST 1999

Here's an interesting one (well, to me anyway, since I want to get a job done!)

I have RH6.0 happily chugging on an Intel Pentium 90 but for various reasons
want to clean install Debian slink.The machine has 32Mb RAM, 1.2 Gb Seagate,
NEC ATAPI CD-ROM and National FDD. Shadow RAM is enabled in BIOS and cannot be
disabled. I've disabled APM in BIOS.

dmesg from RH reports Pentium F0 0F workaround, but nothing out of the ordinary.

fd0 works fine, since I can boot the machine from it using other operating
system boot disks, but both Debian install (rescue disk) and straight boot
disks both fail with "SYSLINK 1.42 1998-12-05 Boot failed".

Any ideas people?