[plug] GLIBC_2

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Dec 16 16:16:04 WST 1999

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, russ wrote:

> The diappointing thing is that it runs on a machine with suse 6.2. I
> was hoping it was a matter of missing a package.

I'm probably wrong about this, but from what I understand either SUSE 6.0
was libc5 and SUSE 6.1 glibc2.0, or SUSE 6.0 was glibc2.0 and SUSE 6.2
glibc2.1 and as a result rpms built for SUSE 6.2 (or the equivalent
RedHat) will not work with SUSE 6.0

You will need to find an older RPM (ie one that is built for SUSE 6.0, or
whatever the equivalent RedHat is, probably 5.x)

(I'm a Debian person so I can't be any more specific, sorry)

 - Matt