[plug] Groups and files

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Thu Dec 16 21:15:32 WST 1999

Evening All,
I'm wondering if there is a way to force files within a given directory
structure to have a specific user.group combination?

I have an intranet server that I will primarily be maintaining but there
is a possibility that others within the organisation will need to
modify/create files. I'm not worried about who own the file but I
would like the group to be set as 'html' to allow those who need to
to edit files regardless of who created it (adding an HREF for
example). Currently files are given a group of 'users' within the html
dir as this is the primary group of the users.

What I would like is a way of having files under html/ to be
user.'html' while any files they create elsewhere are given
user.'users'.

Am I being too far out with this?

Cheers,
Damion.