[plug] Online machinename vote

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Fri Dec 17 14:33:09 WST 1999

> On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Bevan Broun wrote:
>
> > on Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 02:03:00PM +0800, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima <tony at c
> antech.net.au> wrote:
> > > Let the voting begin at 16:00 today with nominations valid until then.
> > > Shall we say that voting stops at 9:00am on Monday that should give every
> one
> > > time to ponder and vote.
> >
> > Make it 5pm so there is a whole working day.
>
> Okay ... Voting stops at 17:00 Monday.
>
> I've added some "rules" to the page now so hopefully it will make more sense.

White text on black is illegible here.

What IS the voting system? FPP? Exhaustive?

FPP can mean a choice with few adherents wins; were we to use it in
Australian elections, unless voters changed their habits, we'd be
permanently in the charge of Labor governments.

Exhaustive is probably best, and would probably require two, maybe three,
rounds of voting.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield