[plug] Audio cleaners

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Dec 18 16:35:38 WST 1999

On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 09:38:10PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> Does anyone here know of any software that can be used to remove
> background noise (hiss, crackle and pops) such as is found on those almost
> prehistoric 78 records (you, those thumping great disks that came before
> the vinyl that came before CDs)?

I think you're looking for "gramofile". You should be able to find it with
a quick search, or at ;
ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian/dists/potato/main/source/sound/

The more generic sound processing packages like CSound and sox might be
helpful too.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal