[plug] RE: PERL query

McMeikan, Andrew andrew.mcmeikan at mitswa.com.au
Wed Dec 22 11:11:34 WST 1999

Hi Bret,
  I believe there is a command line option that can cause Perl to dump a
core image of itself after the compile stage, and that image can be
executed.
  This would hide the code with two penalties.
	1. Big image file
	2. Not very Open Source (TM)
  benifits are a slightly increased start time (no compile stage) and
secretive code :)
If you want I can hunt down more details for you, but hopefully I have given
you a pointer to follow.

	cya,	Andrew