[plug] Storm Linux 2k

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Thu Dec 23 08:10:00 WST 1999

> On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 02:08:49PM +0800, Darrell Horrocks wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Did anyone actually put a copy of Storm Linux anywhere on WAIX??
>
> Yeah, I'm quite intrigued by this distro....

I think Chris, and Gavin were pulling copies of Storm down, but I haven't
heard anything about weather they were successfull, or had finished.

> If anyone on plug has a chance to try out both this and Corel Linux,
> I'd really appreciate it if you could do a comparison of the two and
> send it to the list :).

I think as a tech (now unemployed) that I couldn't use a distro like Corel
as it is aimed at the user, not the type of person who wants to get under
the hood !!!! But I am not talking from experience here having never touched
Corel Linux version 1.0 ..... *grin*

I am very interested in Storm because it is based on Debian and has the goal
of making it easier to install and administer. Basically it is still aimed
at the Tech market wanting "enhanced" Debian distro. It seems to me that
Storm is to Debian, what Mandrake is to RedHat one and the same but the
former taking time to improve on the latter's shortcomings.

So to conclude my rambling .....

	1. Corel is made for the masses (leave it alone until a later version)
	2. Storm is made for a market (get a copy as soon as you can.

Michael Hunt

P.S. If my comments have stirred up a sense of indignation at my hack on
certain distro's then so be it. To put it another way "Let the flame wars
begin".