[plug] windows bitmap

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Thu Dec 30 11:34:56 WST 1999

> > The bitmap has been Base64-encoded as a text inclusion to your email. On
>
>How is that different to a normal mime attachment?

My (limited) understanding is that depending on the MX used, encoding may
be uu or base64, both being MIME compliant.

> > Cheers for the new Millenium,
>
>A bit early isnt it? :)  368 days to go.

Oh, OK. It was a popularist salutation based on a common mathematical
misunderstanding. Of course, everybody knows that St Gregory (of Gregorian
calendar fame) got the birth-year of Jesus Christ wrong by perhaps 4 years
anyway, and that the new millenium actually kicked in unheralded in (best
guess) 1996.

Cheers for whatever-you-want-to-celebrate,
Steve