[plug] Dial on demand proxy.

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Mon Feb 1 11:15:42 WST 1999

Hi ya all,

Hope you all had a good weekend. Some questions about a dial on demand
server that I am trying to build.

1. How do you get a proxy server under Linux to dial an internet service
provider on demand, i.e. when a client opens up there browser etc.
2. Can this be done with the tools on a plain Jane RedHat 5.2 CD or do I
have to look at downloading some utils from the web.
3. I am planning to use squid for my proxy server, can squid handle socks
requests ? I have clients who use ICQ from there windows box on an Intranet
(192,168.1.*) who want to still be able to do this with the Linux box I am
putting in.

Any other questions that I have I am sure I'll ask when I remember them.

By the way samba 2.0 made it very easy for me to set-up a printer for my
network.

Michael Hunt