[plug] Guy From Vianet

Rick rick at vianet.net.au
Wed Feb 3 22:00:38 WST 1999

There are a few people, like yourself, who have failed to read my posting
with comprehension. No-where do I say, 'I don't like Linux'. Personally, I
think it's a very fine operating system. The point I was making is simple.
I don't think it's for those who want a system that is easy, or even
moderately easy to install and set up. As a lot of replies have justly
said, 'It takes a lot of effort'. I personally am not in a frame of mind
where I am prepared to spend the time, or the effort. Perhaps in time, I
will come back and have a look at it, that's my decision.

Incidentally, we live in Australia, not in some place where free speech is
frowned on. So to all who read this post. If you are offended by me saying
something you don't like to hear. Have a think about it at least. then go
on thinking, and saying, what you will.

At 14:20 03/02/99 +0800, you wrote:
>I know this has nothing to do with Linux but that guy from vianet who
didn't like linux does anyone want to tell me what his email address is
cause thats the isp I use and I still can't connect to vianet.  Not
complaining mainly from my ignorance and not knowing what the password
sequence is although they use pap.  The script is wrong which is what I've
figured out but they won't tell me what the script is.

>Regards,
>Marc

ps - I will be leaving Vianet, this week. I'm not happy with their service
either.

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rick at vianet.net.au
Home Page - http://www.vianet.net.au/~rick/index.htm
Packet    - VK6EP at VK6ANC.#PER.#WA.AUS.OC