[plug] Questions about a dialup server

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Tue Feb 9 09:01:09 WST 1999

Thanks for all the help. I seem to have gotten squid working fine now. I
just use our squid proxy at the ISP I work for as a parent, set the firewall
option to my local domain/IP addresses and stopped it from going directly to
the source for cgi or ? type URL's.
 As far as diald goes I went to the main diald website (hadn't read your
post then) and downloaded a new copy of the source and also some patches
(its up to .5 now) that made it compile properly on a red hat box. The
install worked like a charm (no errors in comparison to all the ones I got
before) I just now need to do is create the diald.conf file. I suppose the
rpm configs have dependencies on the diald package. Oh well having to do it
by hand will be a learning experience.
I have had a look at the files you sent me, and while I might need to make
some changes for my exact configuration they have given me a giant leap
forward in my understanding of firewalling, filtering etc, so again thanks
for all the help