[plug] More Microsoft Trial stuffups...

David Buddrige dbuddrige at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 20:57:29 WST 1999

Hi all... I know this is off topic, but I just gotta share this one 8-)

Here's a Jesse Burst quote on the latest from the M$ trial.... How
stupid does Microsoft think the DOJ is?

Now on to our daily recap, which is about Microsoft's latest
video blunder. This time the software giant was illustrating
how a PC loaded with Windows 3.1 takes longer to access the
Internet than a PC running Windows 98 does. And indeed the
video showed it did take longer. But it turns out the Win98
PC was also connected to a faster modem than the one on the
Win3.1 PC. Microsoft attorney Bill Neukom suggested the
difference in speed between the two modems "is academic."

You can read the rest of the gory details at:

http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_3079.html