[plug] SuSE

Chris Cornish linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 12 01:29:26 WST 1999

---Rick <rick at vianet.net.au> wrote:

> At 09:55 10/02/99 +0800, you wrote:
> >I thought I would have got some comments on the SuSE vs Red Hat
post.  I was
> >really looking forward to a good flame war - things are a bit dull
around
> >here lately.
> >
> >Oh well.  <sigh>
> >
> >Regards,
> >

> >Rob Hall
> >

> SuSE was actually the dist that I initially chose to install. Redhat
came
> along with this pocket book thing and I got sidetracked. I just
loved all
> the stuff I read about SuSE. I'm still going to give it a go. Did
you buy
> that real beaut disk locally??
>

> Cheers
> Rick
>
> E=Mail    - rick at vianet.net.au
> Home Page - http://www.vianet.net.au/~rick/index.htm
> Packet    - VK6EP at VK6ANC.#PER.#WA.AUS.OC

SUSE is a good distro for the desk top but when it comes to support i
find they are very arogent if you come from somewhere other than
europe or the us. My only gripe(s) with SUSE are
1: alian wont work to well with it
2: in my opinian there is not commitment by the SUSE       people
3: they have a rally restrictive install (as dose RH)
4: needs more than alot of patching to make it secure
5: not many books avalibale that are SUSE specific (at     least here
in australia)

Good things ummmmmmmm the name sounds ok

Chris Cornish
Linux Computer World
linuxcw at yahoo.com.au