[plug] Re: Members' ages-meetings- dist wars

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Fri Feb 12 09:08:24 WST 1999

It seems many of us are older than some of us thought .My chronological age
is 41 but like many males emotionally I'm some what younger.

It also seems many of are not able to get to meetings I like the idea of
occasionally having photos and proceedings of meetings posted so we can at
least experience them vicariously.

I have a serious question> My only experience with Linux is via popular
vendor or distribution on CD or floppy disk.  Is it still possible to build
a stable system from scratch and how?  Are there any books or postings that
any one knows of that cover this?

The later Kernels and distributions seem to be requiring more and more
memory and faster machines to run successfully. At least with X.

If some of the group are keen to build and supply systems to needy or
special groups ( I would be interested in doing something like this in my
area) this would seem to be an issue? maybe?