[plug] Applixware

Bradley Browne brad at argo.net.au
Thu Feb 18 10:31:16 WST 1999

I am running X but it doesn't seem to set it automatically.

I took the advice of fellow pluggers, dived in and put a couple of lines in
the profile and now it works sweetly.  I have had a perfunctory look at Applix
now and I think I could get used to it.  I would prefer to use a GNU Office
package and not a proprietary system (for completely irrational idealistic
reasons) but until the then I will use whatever I have to.

Speaking of X I used to have to configure it all manually after I installed
Redhat 5.0 but now that I have upgraded to 5.2 it auto detects my card and
does it all for me.  I think I will miss filling in X details in the text
editors, despite the fact that now my life has been made easier.  The 5.0
probe always crashed my install.

Thanks to all of you for your replies, I knew it would be something simple :)

brad