[plug] Can I install Linux on my new system?

Rick rickd at eon.net.au
Sun Feb 21 09:49:03 WST 1999

Hi,

I've just upgraded my computer system, and want to be sure that it's ok for
Linux. I know, I should have asked before I bought the parts, but, it's the
system I wanted.

The motherboard is a DFI P5BV3+ Rev. B+ (System 7)
Processor is an AMD K6 350 MHz
Ram is  64 Mb
Video card is aa AOpen PA5OE AGP Card with 8 Mb DRAM
CD-ROM is an ADAPTI 32x

The part of the system that worries me the most is the video card. I can
vaguely recall someone posting a message on a news group about problems
with the AGP type video cards. I'm not sure if his was an isolated case or
if this is a general, as yet unsupported thing.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rickd at eon.net.au
Home Page - http://www.vianet.net.au/~rick/index.htm  (??)
Packet    - VK6EP at VK6ANC.#PER.#WA.AUS.OC