[plug] Perth Branch of Computer Bank has a web-page

David Buddrige dbuddrige at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 4 22:19:12 WST 1999

Paul Repacholi wrote:

> On the CB thing...
>
> TO get going well, it needs to be set up as a registered
> charity, with a NFP Inc running it. This will enable
> Co.s to write off the donation on our beloved Tax Comissioner ;)
>
>  How many 3/486s do we need...

As many as possible - the more we get, the more we can give away!  8-)

> With the tax hit, lots of people would be interested in
> donating to the group. Lots of work though. Plus hand holding
> and the rest!

If we share the work amongst a big enough group of volenteers, the
workload on each person should be relatively small - in any-case, I
enjoy using Linux and extolling the benefits thereof to all who will
listen to me (just ask my wife?? ;-) )... (I am thinking that one way we
could operate is to gather a group of people who are willing to be
rostered on to either run small training classes (open to any persons
interested in computing) and/or (assist on a one 2 one basis) to persons
who request assistance.  This would then work seperately but in
conjunction with computer bank in that, we offer one service offering
linux hand-holding for newbies interested in gaining Linux knowledge in
conjunction with the computer bank which gives away computers to
disadvantaged groups (with a really big (A4) advert attached to each
computer given away saying ring this number to learn about the new
system you've just been given - and explaining briefly about the
computer-hand-holding service (I wouldn't call it that though) ;-)

> Cheers,
> ~paul

Warm regards

David Buddrige