[plug] ppp

Marc Wiriadisastra strkefoc at vianet.net.au
Wed Jan 6 13:11:20 WST 1999

For anyone who can help me I've got a few problems on linux at the moment and I can't seem to sort them out.

I can't connect to the internet?  Either using minicom or xwindows system.

Using xwindows I have a problem saying either 8bit not clean which is in the ppp how-to but that didn't help or changing it around I get script error.

Using Minicom I put my username and password through Annex then it goes directly through to ppp which is fine then it goes capput and says Carrier Not available or something like that.

One other thing in Netscape I'm supposed to setup a proxy server set up for my isp which I do on my win machines but I can't set it up it won't recogninze anything Netscape that is.  Any suggestions for proxy server isp's.

Any help would be much appreciate.

TIA,
Marc