[plug] Re: Computer Bank - please dont give them away.

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 10 22:47:37 WST 1999

> What I'm looking for with our doco project, is a set of manuals that can
> be used directly as training manuals -
> something that a technically knowledgable person could follow as a
> course...

There seem to be two different target audiences here - technically aware
and absolute beginner. Both of those need different manuals, the beginner
migrating over time (hopefully) to become techically competant.

Soemone who is interested in the idea of Linux/UNIX but knows little or
nothing will need an enormous amount of hand-holding, via manuals and
possibly one-to-one as well. Can that be done successfully ?

Not just writing manuals, but also providing ah detailed and understanding
help desk ?

Paul