[plug] Channel 10 on Linux

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 13 08:52:20 WST 1999

on Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 01:45:39PM +0800, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima <tony at cantech.net.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Niall Young wrote:
>
> > > Channel 10 are interested on doing a segment on Linux for
> > > the home user.
> > > Do we have an official promotions person who would like to
> > > be on TV?
> >
> > I just gave him a call - he was after a few benefits of using
> > Linux instead of M$ products etc. and he'll be coming into the
> > iiNet office on Thursday at about 10am for an interview with MM
> > - it'd be good to have an official PLUG representative there.
> >
> > Anyone have any nominations?  Matt just suggested Leon..
>
> Well any of the commitee would be good .... I'd say that Chris (Pres) should
> be there BUT I'll volenteer if no-one else does .... There could be more that
> one of use there couldn't there ???

Well Niall, Tony, Chris, Eddie and Rick,

I think it is important that Eddie's and/or Rick's reasons for trying
linux and the hardships they have with it (and how they found the
support network :-) are aired. What do you all think? Is it at all
possible?

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065