[plug] Channel 10 on Linux

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 13 09:11:31 WST 1999

At 08:52 13/01/99 +0800, Bevan wrote in part:
>I think it is important that Eddie's and/or Rick's reasons for trying
>linux and the hardships they have with it (and how they found the
>support network :-) are aired. What do you all think? Is it at all
>possible?

Seems like a fair idea to me, provided that someone from the "corporate
user" side of the camp is also present (MM was suggested at one stage) so
that the audience get a feel for the seriousness with which Linux is taken.

My "fear" I guess, is that a 'newsy" story could quite easily be edited and
aired in such a way as to demean Linux. Of course we'd have no control over
that, I assume.

My $0.01  Cheers,
Denis