[plug] Channel 10 on Linux

Christian again at global.net.au
Wed Jan 13 09:28:22 WST 1999

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, David Buddrige wrote:

> Think u should focus on these benefits ( IMHO, in this order):
>
> 1. Cost.
> 2. KDE/Gnome desktops now available.
> 3. Sense of Community - willing support.
> 4. GNU Open-source methodology.
> 5. Technical benefits of Linux.
>
> That's my $0.02 anyway...

I think a lot of people get Windows with their compturs and hence don't
see it as a cost.  Besides, there are plenty of other free (price-wise)
operating systems - many with some aspects that are better than Linux.

My order would be more like:
1.  Sense of community and free support.
2.  Freedom of choice (different window managers etc.)
3.  Free software and methodologies.
4.  Cost.
5.  KDE/GNOME.

Yet another $0.02. ;-)